This OTC knee stabilizer is made from Orthotex fabric, an open 3-dimensional knit that is a non-latex alternative to neoprene. It offers breathability, elasticity, therapeutic compression, comfort and heat control. It is less hot to wear than neoprene, thus appropriate for long term wear or wear in warm climates, and ideal for wearers who are allergic to or irritated by neoprene fabric.
- Low profile single axis hinged bars provide medial-lateral stability, adjust to control extension a 15, 30, or 50 degrees
- Multi-directional stretch material provides even compression over all the anatomical prominences of the joint
- Multi-function buttress surrounds kneecap (patella) and provides compression and stabilization
- For precisely targeted pressure over soft tissues, any combination of buttress quarter sections can be removed by using scissors to cut through the slits on the interior pocket
- Upper and lower hook-and-loop encircling straps maintain stabilizer in correct position; straps are adjustable and removable
- Sheer mesh elastic opening over back of knee for additional wearing comfort